Location and Store Hours
Address: 1142 W. Madison St. #407 (4th floor) Chicago, IL 60607
How do I get into the studio?
Dial 'Studio East6' or 207 at intercom of entrance to be buzzed in. Take elevator or stairs to 4th floor. *As a security precaution, you will not have elevator access, unless you are buzzed in from the intercom*
If you are not buzzed in through the intercom, you will only have access to the stairs and not the elevator. The elevator is located straight back upon entering the building
*We are located in the heart of the popular & trendy West Loop neighborhood (super far away from Devon St!)
STORE HOURS: Due to COVID, our studio hours may have changed. See below:
- We are open by a combination of walk-in hours and appointment days during the week.
- Our appointment schedule is typically booked 6-7 weeks in advance, due to a large volume of out-of-town clients who pre-book in advance.
- We do have walk-in hours during the week, where no appointment is needed. Please check our social media for updated walk-in hours each week. *For walk-in hour details, please check our Instagram posts here or text 312-834-3469 to inquire*
WALK-IN HOURS- We will have set, open walk-in hours for the upcoming weeks listed below. No Appt Needed
Feb 2023 - March 2023
- Wednesday: 1:30pm - 6:30pm
- Friday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Sunday 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- Closed on Monday & Tuesday of each week.
IN-STUDIO CLOSURES: Note we will list below any advance planned closures. Our website will still be operating and processing orders
- We are closed on Monday & Tuesday of each week.
ABOUT WALK-IN HOURS
We have opened walk-in hours up post-COVID, where no appointment is needed. Walk-in hours are open hours designated for shopping off-the-rack, browsing, order pick-ups or custom orders in standard size only.
We highly encourage brides who are in preliminary stages of bridal shopping, to stop in during our walk-in hours. We reserve appointments for clients in final stages of ordering and wanting to confirm orders.
If you are looking to place an order, but unsure about measurements, there will be online measurement forms for you fill out once you checkout. Alternatively, we can email you a custom measurement form to fill online or setup a 15-20 min follow-up in-person or virtual appointment for measurements.
Measurements can be taken in-studio free of charge with a confirmed order only. Without a confirmed order, there is a $45 charge which can be refunded if a confirmed order is placed within 7 days of time measurements are taken.
*If you are looking to come in only for measurements, this will depend on if we are open, appointment schedule, and sheer availability of our staff. Our purchasing clients are first priority and if there are clients present in the studio, we cannot take your measurements. We may or may not be to accommodate measurement only requests during walk-in hours. We will not schedule appointments for measurements only. Please call ahead of time.
*We do not do any alterations or have an in-house tailor
Do you have pieces in-stock at your studio to purchase or try on?
Yes, we have about ~150 - 200 styles in our studio, at a time, to purchase off-the-rack. Most of the styles are sent into our studio on rotation by our curated designers, so we may or may not have very specific styles from website in-stock at a given moment.
Each designer sends in stock on rotation and typically have about 7-10 pieces from that designer in at a time (unless pieces have been bought off the rack from clients). This sampling usually provides clients a good idea of each of the designer's quality and workmanship up close, as well as silhouettes in order to custom order.
We are unique in the sense that we are not located where all other traditional Indian stores are located in Chicago-- off of Devon Avenue! We are located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Convenient and intentional location for our customer demographic.
What are the size options for the pieces in-studio try that are available to purchase or try on?
We are a curated multi-designer studio, so all our items are hand-made (not factory made in bulk). Therefore, we are beholden to the sample pieces our designers send us in varying sizes. We do request sizes from 0-18 from our designers, but at any given time it can vary. It really depends on the replenishment cycle vs what is being purchased off the rack.
Due to our setup, we may not have a specific designer, style, color, or size in stock at all times.
Since we opened, we continually make it our goal to request that our designer partners send us a range of sizes. This is something we communicate to our designers, each time they are sending us stock.
Do I need an appointment for walk-in hours? How many times can I visit walk-in hours?
You do not need an appointment for walk-in hours. We advise if you are preliminary bridal shopping or looking to shop off-the-rack, to please visit our walk-in hours. You can come in as many times as you want during our walk-in hours, without an appointment.
A FEW ADDITIONAL TIPS
- If we do not have scheduled walk-in hours set for that day, we will be open by appointment only. We are closed on Monday and Tuesday each week.
- A weekday appointment usually can be obtained typically within 5 – 14 days in advance
- Saturday and Sunday appointment times usually book 6-7 weeks in advance, please plan ahead
- Due to high demand and limited staff, seeking an appointment the day of may not be possible, unless we have cancelations. We can put you on a waitlist.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill out a contact form here
- we do offer virtual appointments
- Date of Event
- Type of outfits/styles needed
- Designers interested in (if any)
- Estimated budgets
- Appointment date/time preferences
ADDTIONAL COVID APPOINTMENT NOTES:
- Max of 3 people (including yourself) will be permitted in the studio at once. This is based upon our space constraints.
- Only those scheduled during appointment times will be permitted in the studio.
We take the health and wellbeing of you and our staff very seriously. We appreciate your continued understanding and patience through these unprecedented times. As things change, we will continue to communicate any changes to our operations to the best of our ability. Thank you for your patience!
Parking & Additional Location Info:
- There is meter parkingavailable on Madison and free street parking available on surrounding side streets (such as Aberdeen, Racine, etc).
- There is also a pay-to-parkgarage located at 1301 W. Madison
- We are located between Racine Ave & Aberdeen St, next to Mad Social
- Please dial 207 or 'Studio East6' at intercom & take the elevator or stairs to 4th floor - Suite 407. If you are not buzzed in through the intercom, you will only have access to the stairs and not the elevator.